Thanksgiving is a holiday celebrated in North America on the fourth Thursday of November. It is a day of celebration and gratitude for the blessings received during the year.
The origin of Thanksgiving dates back to 1621 when the pilgrims who arrived in North America celebrated a meal with Native Americans to give thanks for the harvest and the help they had received.
The tradition of Thanksgiving has continued to this day. On this day, families come together to enjoy a plentiful meal that typically includes turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberries, pumpkin pie, and other traditional dishes.
Stuffed Turkey Ingredients:
• 1 turkey (8-10 pounds)
• 1 onion, chopped
• 2 carrots, chopped
• 2 stalks of celery, chopped
• 1 cup chopped bacon
• 1 cup bread crumbs
• 1/2 cup raisins
• 1/2 cup chopped nuts
• 1/4 cup fresh chopped herbs, such as parsley, thyme, and rosemary
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl, mix the onion, carrots, celery, bacon, bread crumbs, raisins, nuts, herbs, salt, and pepper.
3. Stuff the turkey with the bread crumb mixture.
4. Cover the turkey with aluminum foil and bake for 3 hours, or until the turkey is tender.
5. Remove the aluminum foil and bake for an additional 30 minutes, or until the skin is golden brown. –
By: José Eliseo Guzmán B. Professional In Gastronomy