This February 9th, homage is paid to one of the most popular and delicious dishes in the world: World Pizza Day. Whether you bake it yourself, order it in a restaurant, or buy it frozen in a supermarket, pizza is one of the most popular foods due to the diversity of ingredients with which it can be prepared. Its variety is so immense that there are all kinds of pizzas and this is one of its charms: thin or thick dough, with all kinds of ingredients, traditional or not. It’s hard to resist a slice of pizza fresh out of the oven.
Interesting facts about pizza
The first appearance of pizza dates back thousands of years. It is speculated that its invention could have taken place in Greece, Egypt or North Africa. Although the origin of pizza might be less clear than it seems, let’s look at some of the most outstanding facts about this delicious food.
• The first pizza was sold in Naples, Italy, in 1738.
• The preferred and most popular pizza flavor is Pepperoni.
• More than 3 billion pizzas are sold in the United States each year.
• More pizzas are sold at the Super Bowl than any other day of the year.
• Halloween is the second most popular day for eating pizza.
• Americans consume more than 23 pounds of pizza each year.
How to celebrate National Pizza Day?
You can plan a pizza lunch or dinner with your family or friends at your favorite restaurant and choose the flavor they like best. You can also organize a pizza party at home and prepare a delicious homemade pizza. Choose the option that you like best and make this a special and fun day.
Let’s celebrate National Pizza Day!
By: Natalia Delgadillo