How does a dryer work?
A clothes dryer works by pushing hot air through a turning drum. Wet clothes are placed in the drum and then dried by moving hot air.
Lint is small fibers from the clothes as they tumble. Much of the lint is trapped in the filter but some are carried along through the vent system.
Do your part!
Have your clothes dryer installed by qualified personnel. Professionals will make sure your dryer is put in correctly.
Clean the filter before and after each cycle. Do not forget to clean the back of the dryer where lint can build up. Also, clean the lint filter every 6 months with a nylon brush.
Check occasionally to make sure nests of small animals and insects are not blocking the outside vent.
Do not …….
• Do not store cleaning products, boxes, and baskets of clothing around the dryer because they can cause a fire to start.
• Do not dry anything containing foam, rubber, or plastic like bathroom rugs or tennis shoes.
• Do not leave a clothes dryer running if you leave home or when you go to bed.
• Do not run a dryer without the lint filter.
• Do not overload – a heavy load of clothing is too hard on the dryer. It can cause parts to work overtime producing high temperatures which can cause a fire.
A fire will change your life in ways that you cannot even begin to imagine. Fire safety starts with you so…
PRACTICE FIRE SAFETY EVERY DAY!!
By: CINDA SEAMON